Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Imitation goods

So Straits Times –Urban posted an article about spotting the fakes some days ago. That prompted me to voice out my opinions about imitations.

As quoted from Khor, “if you like the design of the bag, you have to respect the designer’s effort. So save up and buy the real thing.”
I totally agree on that! Unless you have zero knowledge about that brand that you unknowingly bought that product without knowing you got a counterfeit one. That’s a different case.

The other day during bstats test, I saw this girl wearing a furry textured YSL tee which I was 99% sure I saw it at some Korean spree. Oh yes I also saw a YSL drawstring tee dress in the Korean spree catalogue. -.- like omg.

If I want to get something branded but I can’t afford it, I will not buy it. Saving up and spending less is one very realistic option. Beats buying some counterfeit good. As above, respect the designer’s effort.

And.... inspired and imitation is different. People get inspired everyday. There's effort in inspiration but there's no effort in imitation.

“It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation”
- Herman Melville


Great quote to live by.


On a side note, my mum showed me this YSL classic tote bag!!! I heard that it was originally priced at $700+ a few years ago but since it's such a hit, they continued to manufacture and now the price is $1000+. So pretty but no, it's a want not a need plus I just drained my earnings with the wallet purchase so I tell myself NO MEANS NO!!!

1 comment: