Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Chapter 1

"As I thought about the meeting we had earlier, I grinned to myself like a little girl with her lolly. I placed my hands close to my heart and imagined the unusual and irregular rhythm I had experienced earlier. The flashbacks started. That very moment when our eyes met, I felt overly alive. He could leave me breathless and I could hyperventilate dangerously anytime. Each time I see him, I could not help but smile to myself. So that is how one finds Love unexpectedly. Not like a fairytale where the lady dresses up to the nines and the man wears a suit and a bow tie or somewhere along the saving-a-damsel-in-distress plot. Poets often describe Love as an uncontrollable emotion that overwhelms common sense and logic. It does not really make much sense that this man, whom I knew for barely a week, had the uncanny ability to set my heart racing like a sprinter. I have not felt this way for the longest time. Then again, maybe it was because I had not been in close contact with a stranger whom I could hit off well with. I wondered to myself. Would he ask me out again? It would happen if it would..."

No comments:

Post a Comment