Sunday, 24 July 2011

my 19th birthday at Dozo

The BF brought me to this mixed fusion restaurant called Dozo. The menu features modern european x french x jap cuisine.



If I'm not mistaken, this is a lime/plum (pardon me if I'm wrong! Really can't remember...)drink that is supposed to open up your appetite. Rather refreshing I must say!


Chef's selection of Assorted Platter: smoked salmon; scallop; foie gras

BF's: Beef Tataki with Shaved Parmesan and Truffle Mayo Mosaic:
I'm not a beef lover but surprisingly, this was to my liking.

King Crab Claw Salad drizzled with Sesame Vinaigrette
The crab meat was sweet and the mango bits topping gave it an refreshing touch to the overall dish.

BF's Gratinated Escargots topped with Yuzu Butter:
I loved this! Then again, I love escargots and what could possibly go wrong with butter?

Foie Gras Chawanmushi topped with Black Truffle Slice
The truffle taste was very mild but if one is craving for foie gras + chawanmushi, this will be an ideal combination.

BF's Infusion of Cepes Mushroom with Truffle
He thought it tasted just like any mushroom soup in a casual restaurant.

Crab Bisque Cappuccino style
There was nothing special about this too. Still, I liked it because it's Crab Bisque!

BF's Beef Tenderloin on Pu-Ye and Granite
This dish was rather forgettable. So was the the tempura spaghetti which was more fitting as a decoration.

Baked Atlantic Cod Fillet
On recommendation of the waiter, I picked this. It was rather forgettable too. The cod fillet was really smooth though.

Dozo's freshly Baked Warm Chocolate
I never fail to order desserts with chocolate because I am a sucker for all things chocolate. The vanilla icecream was average and taste-wise, the baked warm chocolate was similar to Starbuck's rendition :/ 

BF's French Cream Cheese Cake

Iced Fruity Refresher + Iced Grapefruit Glory
The fruity refresher was indeed refreshing. There were a number of assorted fruit bits in it too. However, the serving barely filled the tiny cup :/ The grapefruit on the other hand had lesser ice. Perhaps the fruity refresher was meant to have more ice in it? 

Then came a surprise!
The muffin tasted cold and hard unfortunately. It is anice  gesture though.

Overall, the servers there were really friendly and there was nothing to fault about their service.

CC is so fair-skinned (only his face lol?)

Yeah I finally turned 19 and I've got less than 12 months left before I hit the twenties T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment