Tuesday, 25 October 2011

My first Dye Project

Hi people. If you have followed me on twitter closely, you would have known that I dyed my tees and shorts! This is my first attempt on dyeing clothes and I was having a lot of fun even though the process was messy.

Ready to see my makeover shorts?


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.




TA-DA!!

For this experiment, I used purple and green dye. I really love the ombre looking effect and the overall look! I was very excited about the outcome and I am indeed very satisfied with it. After all, this is a beginner's try at it so not too bad right?




the back of the shorts




I redyed the purple part because I missed a spot and it still had the original denim colour (my bad). I was trying to create the rugged look at first (uneven patches) but after the re-touching up, the patches were barely noticable anymore.




I love the shredded part too. It's so easy, you can just grab a pair of scissors or a penknife to create the shredded effects. It will become more apparent after few washes.


Check out my first DIY job HERE :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel, the effect of the dye looks really great, a colour that is unusual and attractive to any eye. Great! Should try screen printing on tees as well, that's fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The colour combination matched better than I expected. Screen printing sounds like fun. I shall try it some day :)

    ReplyDelete