Monday, 31 October 2011

Review: Hada Labo Cleansing Oil with High Purity Olive Oil

"Hada Labo skincare philosophy:

PERFECT X SIMPLE Inspired by traditional Japanese beauty wisdom, Hada Labo adopts a No More, No Less philosophy in the formulation of its products. Unnecessary additives such as colorant, fragrance and mineral oil that will burden the skin are omitted. Only beneficial, essential ingredients are retained to ensure maximum effectiveness – Only the best for your skin and nothing else...""

(credits to Hada Labo)

I am sure you have came across the brand Hada Labo before. I think most of us have tried before the Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion right?

This famous brand is the best selling Face Lotion in 2010 and also the best new comer brand 2010 in Watsons Singapore.



Today, I am going to introduce to you this product (Launching November 2011!):




Hada Labo Cleansing Oil with High Purity Olive Oil

Superior Cleansing with Ultra Pure Olive Oil (even on mascara) Very gentle, with no unnecessary additives (no fragrance, color, oil, alcohol)

This product helps to gently remove dirt, oil and heavy makeup effortlessly. It is a 1 step makeup remover that can also remove tough, waterproof mascara and eye liner.



As seen at the back of it


The 2 key ingredients are:

1) High Purity Olive Oil
- ultra pure!
- ensures high performance cleansing
- suitable for sensitive skin (very gentle)

2) Super Hyaluronic Acid
(this has got to be one of my favourite ingredient of all time!!)
- 2x more moisture than the normal hyaluronic acid (yay)

Do you know that 1 gram of that super awesome hyaluronic acid can actually retain 12 LITRES of water? This is definitely beneficial for dry skin like mine (thirsty for that ingredient 24/7)




Simple directions to follow.



You can pump the cleansing oil onto your palm. For me, I pumped it onto the cotton wool because I always find that this is easier for me to wipe off my makeup.



'Before' picture, with eyeliner still on.
For my makeup, I only used eyeliner so I'm just going to clean my eyes.



After removing the makeup with cotton wool (on the left eye)

Notice how clean it is? No trace of eyeliner left! It doesn't look oily either because it is water soluble and thus, does not leave an unpleasant greasy feeling.

When I was using X brand, my vision was blurred by the oiliness and I had to wash my face twice because it was too oily.



the eyeliner residue on the cotton wool



Alternatively...


You can pump the cleansing oil onto your palm as directed. I tried this method too ;)




Clear liquid on my palm



I gently massage onto my eye area. The left eye makeup has been removed by the cotton wool but I just want to make sure that my lower lash line is really clean so I massaged a little to get rid of 100% of the makeup.




*massaging in progress*
Cleaning my right eye's makeup!





Check out the comparison! I noticed that my left eye was significantly cleaner than my right eye due to the cotton wool. The next time, I will just use the cotton wool to massage and clean off the makeup instead of massaging it with my bare hands. As you can see, it is quite messy. Maybe it's just me!



Next, I wet my face to emulsify the cleansing oil. Then, I simply rinse my face thoroughly with water. Just see how clean my eyes are. No blurred vision due to oiliness!

I love how it does not leave any greasy residue, stickiness or dryness on my face after cleansing. Thumbs up for it being water soluble!

Faithful to Hada Labo's 'PERFECT X SIMPE' philosophy, it does not contain Mineral Oil (unlike other cleansing oils in the market) which is harmful to the skin and clogs pores.



Hada Labo also has another Hydrating Make-up Remover in the range that is water­‐based to remove light make-­up. It contains 2 types of Hyaluronic Acid, normal and Super Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate while it cleanses.

The one that I am using is oil based. This is the new product!

I will recommend you to purchase this make-up remover because it is pretty effective in removing your make-up cleanly. Every girl definitely needs a good make-up remover. Sometimes, the process of removing make-up is just so tedious because you have to rub and rub and rub! You are putting stress on the skin and this is obviously harmful to your skin.


The Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Make-up Remover is priced at $17.90 and is available at Watsons, Guardian, Fairprice and other major departmental stores.

My verdict: Recommended!


Like the facebook page now if you'll like to get more information ;)

4 comments:

  1. I used Shu Emura cleansing oil and must agree with you that they dont' that good for removing the eye make-up, esp mascara and eye liner. I have to remove with eye make-up remover first and then again with the cleansing oil.

    Looks like a good product and I will definately give a try to it as its very much cheaper in price. thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this product works well for you like it does for me. Let me know about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its really nice~
    i was using the hada labo water soluble (the blue one) for removing my make up when i was at korea, when i came back to msia, i have been using this yellow one since august!
    Its really good.
    I prefer to be put at the palm bcause i remove all my makeup including the background make up! best of all, it doesnt feel very dry after the cleaning :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's good. Which do you prefer? :)

    ReplyDelete