Friday, 18 November 2011

A beautiful Mind Movie Review



I've just completed the movie A Beautiful Mind (2001). 

The movie is about this young prodigy, John Nash, who has paranoid schizophrenia and it was only only discovered many years later after he was married. The reason why I watched it was because it was a homework for one of our psychology modules. I didn't know it was inspired by a true story (though not a literal representation) until I saw the ending. 

It is really heart wrenching to witness your loved one coping with a mental illness. What if one day you realize that the important moments you have been through are unreal? It's akin to you going through hell knowing that it's simply a figment of your imagination. The mind is really such a powerful tool. It can make or break you.

 This movie has grossed over $313 million worldwide, and went on to win four Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Supporting Actress! Impressive isn't it? I will recommend this 2hours 25 minutes long movie to you if you do have the free time to watch it. A Beautiful Mind is by far one of the best movies I have ever watched!

1 comment:

  1. this is seriously nice!
    I knew about this movie when i was in korea, my economics professor mentioned about it! :D

    ReplyDelete