Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards 2011 (Day 1)




Nuffnangers from all across Asia-Pacific come together in KL, Malaysia on the 16th December for the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards which is held once every 2 years. 



***


The SG bloggers met at Nuffnang's office early in the morning at 8.30 a.m to set off together. It is so great to meet the nuffies again. The coach left at 9 a.m sharp (I checked my watch) as stated, cool huh? It was an extremely long ride of about 5 hours and we all dozed off in the coach. Of course, we had a break in between the whole journey. I had this chocolate biscuit waffle, a cup of really salty corn and mango fruits!

As I was sitting near the window in the bus, my head kept falling to the left and right (I was dozing) and when it tilted to the left, it hit the window several times. Now I have a bruise on my forehead [it is still there after so many days ):]

When we finally reached KL, the coach drove passed our destination and went to the wrong direction before U-turning back so we wasted quite a bit of time there. By the time we arrived at the hotel, it was already almost 5pm and we were worrying if there was enough time for us to prepare since registration starts for the NABPAS starts at 6.30 p.m.! Thank goodness they extended the registration time to 7.00 p.m.


when we saw the exterior of the hotel, we all went "WOAHHH!". It looks so grand!


The singapore bloggers gathered at the main lobby while waiting to get the room cards. There was a public wi-fi area and everybody was busy taking out their phones to take advantage of the free wi-fi. We bloggers need to tweet away and update our social media haha. We can't live without wi-fi, definitely!


After the room settlement, we headed to our room!! I was so lucky to get the room near the lift because it's just so convenient! I bunked with Xueling and we had a king sized bed to ourselves. Some had twin sharing while some had the king size bed. 




loving our room! Spot sexy Xue Ling in the background. 

The moment we went in, we messed up the bed already. Too tired! 6 pillows. 3 each for us! I felt like i was in a bed of fluff. Love!!




Took a photo after bathing and applying eyeliner. My hair looks really dry with flash urgh!! 




Changed and almost ready for NAPBAS in the evening! 




Some of us went to Christina's room to have our makeup done. We all trust the makeup guru hehe ^^ Because I'm such a noob at makeup and I only know how to apply eyeliner and lipgloss/lipstick, Christina helped me to put on the falsies. She is REALLY GOOD!! The falsies were so secured that I did not feel uncomfortable for fear that it may fall off halfway. Although my eyes were stinging after application, they got used to it after a while. Phew!



me & Xue Ling. All ready for NAPBAS (:




with Valentine. It is so rare to see her in a dress! Good job Valent! 



When we were all ready, we headed down to the Grand Ballroom and took a lot of pictures in the toilet! When we walked into the toiley, we went "WAH!!" because even the toilet is pretty!


mega sized full length mirror. Super good for bloggers!!



very clean and spacious toilet



sexy Valentine in the background~



with Evangeline



Lydia & Melissa. I love Lydia's dress!!!



It commences at 8.00 p.m.! We were all very excited to go in! 



There was some cakes for us to nibble on before the ceremony started. These cakes were very delicious! They are from Humble Beginnings. Singapore has it too!



entering the grand ballroom~ Red carpet moment.


this is how it looks like. So beautiful! 



dinner's menu. so fine-dining ish!




the two emcees




opening performance
 Those ladies were really muscular and they dance really well! It was really entertaining. Thumbs up!






Dinner is finally served! We were all starving because we did not ate much for lunch.




Meditteranean Seafood Terrine with Wasabi Tobiko Dressing on Crispy Lettuce 




Puree of Split Pea soup with Herb Twist




Grape Sorbet with Fresh Mint




Pan-fried Dory Fillet with Spicy Peach Sauce
served with lasagna potatoes & garden green vegetables

For the main course, we could choose fish or chicken.
I chose the fish!




Tiramisu in Chocolate Cup




Homemade cookies
Didn't get to eat this because I was too full.


***

Throughout the dinner, we were being entertained by the emcees and performances. The winners of each categories were also announced. Much excitement filled the place and there were loud applauses and cheers when each winner was announced. Congratulations to all the winners of NAPBAS!! Everyone was awesome but there is only one place for the winner. I think that it is really a great achievement to even be included as one of the nominees. Thumbs up bloggers!

Blogging is an awesome profession, indeed!





Once again, Xiaxue got Region's Best Blog award. She also clinched the Most Influential Blog award! She was trying to hold back her tears while making her speech up on stage as she expressed her appreciation to the voters.




all the winners of NAPBAS gathering on the stage. Pardon the lousy photo!



some other photos:


with Silver



with Samantha 




with Clarence and Hong Peng
HP is really talllllllllll~



group photo of members from table 35




***



After the award ceremony, we headed back to the hotel for a change of clothes to prepare for the official after party at Zouk Club, Kuala Lumpur!




Our clubbing outfits! 



exclusive passes :)



The bloggers gathered at the main lobby at 11.30 p.m. for the shuttle buses to fetch us to Zouk.




Hello there Zouk! It's my first time at Zouk. In KL and not SG haha!




I love this picture even though my face looks slightly distorted. 


The age limit is 21 for females and 23 for males. Thank goodness they did not check our IDs.



Taking pictures outside the club. Valentine looked drunk.


The road was congested! Taxi drivers were everywhere. They seemed to be camping there waiting, asking everyone if they needed a taxi.


Anyway, I totally can't stand the smoke! People were smoking everywhere because it's Malaysia. Singapore is still the best! Thumbs up for Singapore for the no-smoking law at certain places (Y)





Had a vodka orange only and my face was as red as a tomato. Seriously, my skin is too thin!

Sidetrack a bit: I did a free skin analysis with NY skin solutions today and they said that my skin's very thin and sensitive. That explains why I get red so easily. Oic.



***


The shuttle bus came to fetch us at 2.45 a.m. back to the hotel. I felt so shag as it was a really long day since early in the morning. We were all dead tired when we reached the hotel at 3+ a.m. I reeked strongly of smoke and it was so gross because I was too tired to wash my hair. No offense to smokers out there!



The next day, Nuffnang had a tour itinerary planned out for us :') The wake-up call was at 8.00 a.m and I wondered how I would be able to wake up....


I will blog about NAPBAS day 2 and 3 in another post else it will be too overwhelming!


Overall, I really enjoy day 1. NAPBAS is really awesome and I feel so honored to be able to attend this event. It is really nice meeting new faces and making new friends. What I hate is that I was too shy to take pictures with some of the famous bloggers @_@ The next time round, I shall :D.

4 comments:

  1. you are super pretty!!
    ya i agree about the smoking stuff.
    I usually tend to purposely cover my nose or cough louder when pass by the smokers hahaha XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you, you're too kind!
    Clubbing you mean? Can't club properly while breathing in all the smoke =.=

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! awesome!!!
    And u look sooo pretty ^^

    Hi from me..ur new reader!
    Elrica ^^

    ReplyDelete