Thursday, 22 March 2012

DIY: Galaxy shoes

I was sorting out my old shoes when I found this really old and unused pair. It was an impromptu decision to diy this pair of shoes and since I had the time, why not?

I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do, something like cosmic and galaxy design. 

Disclaimer: This is my first try and I am just sharing the steps which I did to achieve this effect if you'd like to try it out.

Step 1: Get a pair of old shoes that you don't mind throwing away. It'll be good if the shoe has a black base. If it is white, you can spray the shoe black so that it has a black base. 

Step 2: Stuff newspapers inside the shoes to prevent the paint into getting inside the shoes.

Step 3: I used orange, maroon and blue spray paint to achieve this effect. For one side of my shoe, I sprayed it with orange and maroon first, followed by blue. I was experimenting so for the second side of the shoe, I sprayed it with blue first followed by orange and maroon. 

Repeat step 3 by spraying the colours again in any sequence you want. 

 Step 4: To achieve the stars, I used silver paint. You can use white paint as well. My paintbrush was quite thick so the stars, shooting stars.etc were not really precise. For bigger stars, simply draw a cross.

Step 4: End result! With flash

without flash

Overall, I was satisfied with the results even though these were really noob. It is really easy to do so you can definitely do this without much trouble.

Hello to my new shoes :)

6 comments:

  1. nice DIY design

    P/S: I think I saw your entry @ MBK contest. Is that you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cookie - you can make your own pair easily ;)

    @Nath - thank you & that's not me.

    @Apple - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple and cute, wow >__<
    Thank you for the tutorial, I linked it in a series I'm writing for my blog (http://rock-n-roll-stops-the-traffic.blogspot.it/2012/06/diy-from-head-to-toe-11.html#more), hope you don’t mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The site is really beneficial for everyone to know about this topic. I think if you read blog than you will get some more information from blog. This is really useful blog.
    สเปรย์กันน้ำร้องเท้า

    ReplyDelete