Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Christmas Eve Dinner at Saveur

The bf and I finally got a chance to try out Saveur after hearing a lot about this restaurant that serves affordable French cuisine.

We headed down on Christmas Eve and was thrilled to find out that their Christmas special 4 course dinner was priced at only $29.90 per pax!


First up: 

Consommé
Clear poultry broth with crab tortellini & poached tiger prawn
Broths are my thing and I love the broth! The crab tortellini was not a very good start though. It does not taste fresh. Tiger prawn was the size of a normal prawn. Still, thumbs up for the broth!




2nd course:

Salmon Duo

Confit of salmon with konbu and chives, home-smoked salmon with celeriac rémoulade and purée

 The smoked salmon goes well with the celeriac rémoulade. This dish is my favourite because I love salmon!

Fillet of Veal Loin

Roasted veal tenderloin served with pomme purée & red wine sauce

This was served medium rare to us but was served medium to the table next to us so I assumed this dish was not served in a consistent manner. I love the pomme purée. It has a silky smooth texture and tasted buttery. Even though this was served medium rare, it was kind of dry.


Pre –Dessert
Homemade lime yoghurt with lime emulsion

good to cleanse one's palate


 Chocolate Parfait
Chocolate parfait with mango madness

average dessert. nothing special. 

The bf was not full after the dinner so we went to tiong bahru bakery for 2nd round of dinner ;) At only $29.90, don't have high expectations for it! I will not pay $29.90 for the same set of dinner again however I will still go back to try their ala carte menu! 


***

look of the day!

red lips for xmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment