Sunday, 9 December 2012

Geo & Beaucon Lenses Review

I decided to do a short blog post and review some of the lenses that I have wore for the past year.

First up:

Geo Brown CM902 
Diameter: 14.0mm

Enlargement effect: 3/5
This is one of the first few browns that I have tried out. It looks more natural than the others because there is no black rim and the size is just right. There is not much enlargement effect as this is not a circle lens thus making the whole look of your eyes more natural.  

Comfort: 4/5
Comfort wise, I'd say it's quite comfortable partially because of the size. I do not have to put eyedrops every now and then.

Design: 3.5/5
A boring colour but it is quite natural looking. If you're looking for a subtle brown and something that is not overwhelming, this is it.


Geo Bambi Green 
Diameter: 15.0mm


with flash 

without flash (taken with iphone)

Enlargement effect: 5/5
Anything larger than 14.0mm definitely has some kind of enlargement effect! 1.0mm difference sure is a lot. The first time I wore this lens, I was kind of freaked out because I could not get used to how huge these lenses are for my eyes. 15.0mm is definitely the maximum I will go for because my eyes are just not big enough for lenses over 15.0mm diameter!

Comfort: 3/5
I find that my eyes get dry easily after around 5 hours of wearing. Despite that, I still wear it the whole day because I love the colour!  If you're planning on wearing this the whole day, be sure to bring along your eyedrops.

Design: 4.5/5
Bambi series are attractive and appealing. I adore the green tones so much! It doesn't look that overwhelming and striking as the shade is more of a dark green. Don't worry if you are afraid this will be too over the top to wear to school or on normal occasions.


Beaucon Shimmer Blue
diameter: 14.0mm



Water content: 45%

with flash





Enlargement effect: 2.5/5
I have been wearing the bambi lens for months and after trying on this 14.0mm lens, I could not get used to it because there isn't much enlarging effect. Black rim is very skinny but the good thing is that it look more natural that way! 

Comfort: 4/5
No eyedrops needed so far as I have only wore this for short periods of time. Water content is higher than the usual lenses so I guess that makes this pair more comfortable.

Design: 4/5
I love the tones of this pair of lenses. It is a fresh and novel color for me. It also looks much more natural than the bambi lenses. The blue is not striking to the extent that people will give stares at you so it's alright for casual wear.

That's all! Contact lenses are such a good invention don't you agree? heehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment