Sunday, 31 March 2013

Tonkichi at Orchard Central

Tonkichi is definitely one of my favourite places to go for tonkatsu! It is the only Tonkatsu specialty chain restaurant in Singapore. I love how their katsu is very thick and lean unlike most places where the meat is sliced thinly and you can't feel any shiokness while eating it.

I went there on a Friday evening to celebrate a friend's birthday. We arrived at around 6.30pm and there was no queue. By 7, there was a queue formed and the waiting time could be quite long so do go early to secure a seat or make a reservation!


Mentaiko Kasane Katsu $29.90 
Deep fried layered sliced pork loin sandwiched with mentaiko (spicy cod roe)
I love drenching the shredded cabbage with the seaweed sauce (idk what it is called). So good!! The Mentaiko Katsu was a disappointment though. It was not the least bit spicy and halfway through, it felt a little "jelat". 


Cheese Kasane Katsu $29.90 
Deep fried layered sliced pork loin sandwiched with cheese
I love this! The melted cheese went well with the pork loin. It was very filling and satisfying.

look at the oozing cheese!


Tonkotsu Ramen $14.90?
My friend found that it was average only. For me, I like the soup base of my ramen to be rich and thick so this is not my type of ramen. 


Chicken Katsu Toji $26.90 
Deep fried chicken breast simmered with egg and special soy sauce served in hot clay pot
Friend's. I tried the egg and it was quite tasty. I will probably order this the next time I visit there.


Chicken Katsu Curry $24.90 
Deep fried chicken breast with homemade Japanese curry sauce
This is the ideal dish for lovers of Japanese curry! The curry is placed in a separate serving bowl so you pour your desired amount onto your dish. This set comes with a salad side.  


Overall, portions are very filling! As a big eater, I find myself struggling to finish the entire portion. 

Tonkichi is the ideal place for you to go and satisfy your tonkatsu cravings.

Address: 
Orchard Central 181 Orchard Road, #07-06 
Orchard Central Singapore 238896 

Tel: 62387976 
Fax: 62387312

No comments:

Post a Comment