Friday, 19 April 2013

Bugis Junction Food Trail: Yummi Bites + Maggi Moo's

This will be the last blog post of the Bugis Junction Food Trail. 

Here are the previous 8 stops that we have been to.

Today's blog post will be on the 9th and 10th stop.


9th stop:
Yummi Bites

Yummi Bites specializes on fried fritters. They are known for their signature super crispy batter which is created from a secret recipe.


Their signature fritters include banana, durian, nian gao, cheeseball and more.

I tried the Green Bean ($1) and Nian Gao Sandwich ($1.60)
The Green Bean was a tad dry for me and I prefer the Nian Gao. The Nian Gao Sandwich is also known as the 3-in-1 Nian Gao, consisting of nian gao, sweet potato and yam. I brought it back home to share with my mum and she likes it a lot. It was not too sweet and went well with the crispy batter. They definitely live up to their name for their super crispy batter.

Yummi Bites sell fried ice-cream too. I used to eat a lot of fried ice-cream at the food centre near my house. A pity they do not sell it anymore :( I am so going back to try Yummi Bite's fried ice-cream!


Address: Bugis Junction B1-K5 200 Victoria Street, Singapore 188021



***


10th stop:
Maggi Moo's

last stop and time for desserts again!

Maggie Moo's is all about ice-cream! They are also the inventor of the ice-cream cupcake ($5.90) and ice-cream pizza.

Here's a portion of the variety of ice-cream flavours that they have.

3oz $4.90 
5oz $6.90 
7oz $8.90 
9oz $10.90


red velvet cake icecream
This was the only decent photo I have taken of the ice-creams that we have tried *oops*

My favourite flavour has got to be dark chocolate because I am a chocolate-lover!

I also managed to sample their ice-cream shakes in mint and strawberry. The mint was surely very refreshing to consume in the hot weather.

Ice-cream floats are priced at $7.50 each.

For more information:

No comments:

Post a Comment