Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Department of Caffeine

I just got back from BKK 2 days ago and finally have the time to blog! 

About 2-3 weeks ago, I went to try out this newly opened cafe called Department of Caffeine which is located at Duxton Road. DOC opened just about 1-2 months ago! 


Caffè Mocha
So pretty! I don't know how to tell apart a good and bad coffee except by the taste (which is pretty much subjective?) but my tastebuds approve this! Also, I love the sea-blue color of the cup which is so pleasing to the eye and is instagram-worthy too ;)


Pulled Pork Sandwich with Moroccan Carrot Salad
They were really generous with the amount of pork and the pork was so flavourful too. The burger was good the bread managed to hold its shape. I absolutely adored the presentation of the dish which was not on the usual white plate. I did not fancy the salad though.


Pulled pork is usually the shoulder cut part of the pork and is cooked using a slow cook method.

Buttermilk waffles with rum icecream and banana 
The ice-cream melted way too fast but everything went so well together - the warm bananas, the cold ice-cream and the soft and fluffy waffles. Am I in heaven yet?

Their menu is rather limited, so is their variety of cake selection. Good thing is that there is no GST and service charge! Here's a reason to go back again. 

Department of Caffeine
15 Duxton Road

No comments:

Post a Comment