Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Sin Heng Bak Koot Teh

I am a fan of bak kut teh mainly because I love drinking the peppery soup. I've been to Sin Heng twice and I would say that the standard is consistent. 

The bak kut teh is served piping hot because of the claypot and is one of the dad's favourite, if not his favourite bak kut teh stalls to visit. He was also the one who brought me to try out the best bak kut tehs in Singapore. 

Good news is that Sin Heng Bak Koot Teh serves both the Teochew version and Hokkien version of bak kut tehs. For me, I prefer the teochew version, which is more peppery and lighter in appearance than the hokkien version.


Claypot Bak Kut Teh $12 (medium)
Hokkien version: I do not really find much kick in it because of the milder peppery taste as compared to the teochew version. Still, it tasted good as it was served piping hot. Fans of the traditional hokkien bkt will love the herbal taste of this. The herbal taste could be stronger though.


Claypot noodles
The gravy is flavorful and the noodles has absorbed the goodness of the gravy. This is delicious however I am not a fan of this because I do not like yellow noodles. 


Pig trotters
Do you know that pig trotters are extremely high in collagen? Here's an excuse for you not to ditch those fatty parts of the pig trotters! Meat is tender and it is not overly fatty.


Claypot tang hoon prawns

They do not scrimp on the overall portion and the prawns were huge and fresh too. You pay for what you get!



Besides these dishes, Sin Heng BKT also sells a variety of zi char dishes such as cereal prawns, sambal kangkong, prawn paste chicken.etc  Overall, it was a satisfying meal and I will go back for more. 

Sin Heng Bak Koot Teh is located at 439 Joo Chiat Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment