Thursday, 4 July 2013

NOOK DIY House of Pancakes

X and I decided to head down to NOOK to try their pancakes which is what they are famous for. The place is quite easy to locate and is easily accessible by bus. Carpenter and Cook is also located along that stretch leading to NOOK. We went on a weekday evening and it was relatively quiet. 

It is a nice place to dine together with a bunch of friends and catch up over dinner. The shop has a clean and tidy appearance.

Chocolate milkshake $6.90
The rich and tantalizing taste of the chocolate got me hooked on my first sip. However, as I was left with about 1/4 of a cup, I got a little queasy because of its richness and because it was not cold anymore. It was easily solved with a cup of ice though.


We had the 2-Flavoured Pancakes (with choice of 3 toppings) set for $28. We chose strawberries, cream cheese and banana slices for our toppings. For the pancake batter flavours, we got the original buttermilk and dark chocolate. It was an interactive experience and I get to choose the thickness of the batter and designs of my pancakes. However, I got tired halfway through my meal and I doubt I would pay for this again as it is not my cup of tea.

Add ons: Bacon ($4), Smoked Salmon ($5)




The bill amounted to $55+ for 2 pax which I felt was rather expensive for the pancakes. For the DIY pancakes set, you pay for the experience rather than the food. But for $28 (per pax), I would rather eat something else that would be more satisfying.


***

Nooks- D.I.Y House of Pancake 
Bukit Timah, 21 Lorong Kilat,#01-03 S’pore 598123

No comments:

Post a Comment