Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Birthday Dinner @ The Clan Restaurant

The Clan Restaurant is nestled along Bukit Pasoh Road and is hard to miss given its elegant exterior.

I brought CC to The Clan for his birthday dinner as the reviews online were mainly positive and their menu looked promising and affordable. 

The 6-course dinner is available at $65.80++.

complimentary strawberry blended shots by the chef

Next, we were served starters by the chef 
really yummy scallop!!

duck rillette which was good too

prawn sushi - tasted average. I loved how they included generous Japanese toppings on top which added a unique touch to the sushi

For the cold dish, I picked the Oysters in 3 ways. The oysters were big, fresh and juicy. The oyster with tomato cubes on top had a sour and tangy taste and was mildly spicy at the same time while the oyster served in a shot glass came with an egg yolk in it. 

Starter: Beef Carpaccio w Truffle Teriyaki & Horseradish Sauce​ 
The taste of the truffle was distinct and not at all faint. Sometimes I wonder how is it that I cannot bear to eat medium rare beef yet I absolutely adore beef carpaccio. 

Deep Fried Foie Gras, Balsamico Reduction & Cheese Focaccia

Although the foie gras did not melt perfectly in the mouth, it was still a great inclusion to our meal. The deep fried foie gras was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Somehow, it gave us the impression that the foie gras was big but in fact it was very thinly sliced which did not give us much kick when we bit into it.


Kurobuta Pork Belly confit w Pork Cracker & Passion Fruit Sauce​

The pork belly was really tender and the fats melted in my mouth. I dislike pork belly but I loved this! The skin was also really crispy. The passionfruit sauce was slightly sour and did not seem to complement the pork belly and salad well enough though.

Crab Bisque Cappuccino & Prawn Twister
What a unique way of serving the soup, in a champagne glass! I love crab bisque but this was too sweet for my liking. The taste was also rather overpowering and it was hard for me to finish it all by myself.

​Cepes Mushroom w Truffle Paste 
It was mildly sweet with plenty of mushroom bits. There was also a subtle taste of truffle and it was indeed a satisfying bowl of soup.

48 Degree Poached Salmon w Japanese Broth, Dehydrated Wakame & Leek Confit

The salmon fish was served medium rare with a warm and pink center. The salmon was very soft because of its doneness. The salmon was also quite thick and was a good portion for a main course.

48 Hours Beef Short Ribs on Hoba Leaf w Peppercorn Sauce on Lava Stone

Beef was tender and lightly seasoned. The peppercorn sauce tasted ordinary though. 

Then came the complimentary slice of cake. 


Madeira Cheese Panna Cotta which tasted ordinary so I would not recommend you to get this.


We also ordered wine pairing (1 glass of wine each for starter, main course and dessert) and I loved the moscato the best. It was sooo sweet tasting.

Chocolate Lava w Homemade Gelato

There is something about chocolate lava/molten cakes that are so addictive. I love this dessert but wish the portion could be slightly bigger. It is definitely not enough for a choc-lava cake addict like me!


Service was very amiable and friendly. The manager (I think) made us feel at home. I'm not sure if The Clan constitutes fine dining though as it felt more like a casual dining place that tries to imitate fine dining, not in a bad way though.


***

Now for the human pics!




lol at this pic!!






***


The Clan Restaurant
18/20 Bukit Pasoh Road Singapore 089832

6 comments:

  1. Hey Rach! May I know if you ordered the 6-course meal or ala-carte? Thanks in advance! :)

    raayche@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I ordered the 6-course meal :) I think the only menu available is the dinner set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rach! Did you make an advanced reservation? If yes, did u gave them the choices of ur dishes during the reservation or on the day itself.

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joel, I made an advanced reservation. Orders were taken on the day itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!? Im thinking of celebrating my friend"# birthday there too! May i know How did you get the complimentary birthday cake? Do you have to ask for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous, you just have to inform them beforehand that it's your friend's birthday.

      Delete