Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Review: La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream

The La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream recently came in the mail and I will be reviewing it in this blog post :)


This BB cream is dedicated to Asian sensitive skin. I think most of us have oily skin or a combination or dry and oily skin since it is summer all year round. 

Info credits to La Roche-Posay:
"The texture of this BB cream is designed for Asian skin - there's long lasting hydration without any oily or whitish effect, as tested on greasy skin. People with sensitive skin find it difficult to use a product that suits their skin. The formula in this BB cream is hypoallergenic and has been tested under the control of dermatologists. Additionally, the La Roche-Posay thermal spring water present in the BB cream has soothing and anti-oxidant properities."

Without proper and adequate UVA protection, premature skin aging can occur in the form of brown spots, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and sagging of skin. It is therefore important to invest in a good product that can protect you from the harmful UV rays of the sun.

Features of the La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream:
- Highest UVA Protection in a unique melt-in BB Cream.
- Feather light daily moisturising and correcting BB texture
- Intensely hydrates skin while covering blemishes, fine lines and brown spots.
- Developed for Asian Skin, its shade instantly melts in skin natural tones for unified complexion and healthy looking skin, without oily finish. 
- Long lasting wear. 
- Excellent Make Up base. 
- Fragrance free and paraben free.

How to use: Apply every morning at the end of the skincare routine. Avoid eye area. In case of contact with eyes, rinse them immediately and thoroughly.


The texture contains white, black and grey pigments. When applied the shades will melt in skin's natural tone for unified complexion. Texture is creamy, and the BB cream is in a shade of nude.



Before & After comparison:
Pardon the mistake! I labelled it wrongly so I had to reedit. Somehow, my skin looked better in the "before" picture here? :/

Clearer pictures below.

Before:



After:


From this before & after picture, you can see that my blemishes have visibly faded out. My skin tone looks slightly desaturated as compared to the natural flush from my cheeks before application. Complexion also looks smoother.

Here is another comparison for you to see, taken under a slightly different lighting.

Before:

After:

It is not obvious in pictures but I feel that the area between my nose and cheeks looked glossier (in real life) which in turn made my face looked slightly oily. It does not feel like it has an obvious hydrating effect too. I also find that it has a slight cakey effect which resulted in my pores being noticeable. The ease of absorption is average. As you can see, my face looks slightly desaturated after application, as compared to my usual pinkish cheeks. There is also a subtle scent which isn't unpleasant.

I feel that the difference is somehow not huge for me. Although this product makes my skin look oilier,  it does help to cover my blemishes and make my skin tone more even. However, I will consider other options in the market due to the issue of oily appearance.

Although it may not suit me, it may suit you! Want to try out this product first before purchasing? Redeem a free La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream sample on SampleStore.com here --> https://www.samplestore.com/product/details/2792/0/name-la-roche-posay-uvidea-spf-50-bb-cream

La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream Instagram contest:
- Post Before and After photos of using La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream
- hashtag #LaRochePosay #UVIDEAXL #BBCream
Stand a chance to win a La Roche-Posay hamper worth $100. There will be a total of 5 lucky winners!!

Winners will be announced on 31st Mar 2014 on Sample Store’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Like La Roche-Posay Sg Facebook page to receive the latest updates and information.



The La Roche-Posay UVIDEA XL BB Cream is retailing at $49.90 (30ml) at Guardian, Watsons, National Skin Center & Hospital Pharmacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment