Monday, 14 July 2014

Review: Bio-essence Tanaka White 4X Intensive Whitening Serum & Double Whitening Day Cream

Bio-essence has recently introduced an improved Tanaka White range which is formulated to combat dark spots and uneven skin tone. This formula is more effective and powerful than the previous one with its reinvented 4X Intensive White Serum containing alpha-Arbutin that is 9 times more powerful than beta-Arbutin (used in the old formula)!

Bio-essence Tanaka White 4X Intensive White Serum

FYI:
Arbutin is an ingredient that can be found in many whitening products in the market. It is a natural whitening agent that helps to brighten dull skin, eliminate pigmentation and also improve the overall skin complexion. Besides that, it also prevents the formation of melanin and protects the skin from the harmful UV rays.

As we age, we may find that our skin becomes more dull and more prone to dark spots. If you're out in the sun frequently, your skin can become dry and dull if there is insufficient protection. This will lead to dark spots and freckles on your skin. It is time to put on sunblock daily if you haven't done so! 

However, the pigments and spots that are embedded deep within the skin cannot be treated or prevented with sunblock. With Bio Essence's Tanaka White 4x Intensive Whitening Serum, it can help in treating these dark spots.

The production of dark spots is being curbed and inhibited and this effectively prevent blemishes and dark spot formation beneath the skin.

The Tanaka extract ingredient also has nourishing, hydrating and cooling properties that reduce free radical damage while soothing and calming the skin.

Product efficacies:
- Effectively lightens existing pigments and spots
- Blocks tyrosinase and inhibits the production of melanin to prevent dark spots and reduces darkening
after UV exposure
- Evens out skin tone, whitens & brightens complexion
- Moisturizes and cools skin
- Skin exudes radiance, revealing a smooth, fair & healthy-looking complexion.
- Skin’s fairness intensifies for flawless fair skin which glows from within.

Simply apply this twice a day after your cleansing. After applying the serum evenly onto your entire face, apply a 2nd layer over areas with dark spots and freckles.

I find that it is somewhat hard to dispense the serum so I have to repeat the pumping process at least thrice to apply on my entire face. Other than that, I have no problems with the way it is designed. I am also a little skeptical about how I will be able to use finish everything in the bottle since the way to get the serum out is with the dispenser.


The serum is white and milky in colour. It has a light pleasant smell and the texture is not at all oily.


It takes minimal effort for the serum to absorb into my skin.

Based on my personal judgement, I have dull skin but no visible pigmentation or dark spots yet. After applying the serum for a couple of days, I find that it does a decent job in brightening my dull skin. It is not visible in photos as the difference is rather subtle. It may be psychological so I will have to wait longer to see better results. However, I find that this is one of the better serums that I have used thus far as it absorbs quickly into my skin and the texture of the serum is rather smooth and easy to apply.

Frankly speaking, although the product has intensive whitening function, I do not see a difference in my skin tone probably because I haven't used it long enough.

This serum is supposed to help lighten the skin tone, keep the skin radiant and fair from within while preventing spot formation. Although I do not have dark spots yet, I am frequently exposed to the sun so it is necessary for me to take good care of my skin before any dark spots form. Even if you do not have dark spots or freckles problems, it is fine to use this. After all, prevention is better than cure! Also, if you will like to achieve a fairer even skin tone, you can try out this product.

The Tanaka White 4X Intensive White Serum (30ml) is available at $45.80

***

Double Whitening Day Cream SPF 20 




The Double Whitening Day Cream comes with SPF 20, Tanaka Extract and Tranexamic Acid to help suppress excessive production of melanin, protects skin from harmful sunlight and repairs skin for instant fairness from within so that skin glows with crystal clear luminosity.

The cream is non-greasy and it absorbs fast into my skin. Although it is a cream, the texture is rather light on the skin. The hyaluronic acid found in the cream is able to help keep my skin hydrated.


This day cream has SPF20 so it helps in protecting your skin from harmful UV rays. The Tanaka Extract ingredient shields skin from external pollutants, keeps skin cool and moisturized 
Additionally, the Tranexamic Acid aids in significantly brightening and evening out skin tone. Although this day cream has a double whitening function, I do not notice the changes even in pictures so I will observe longer.

Overall, this product is said to lighten and prevents freckles, dark spots and pigmentation. As I do not have visible dark spots/freckles, I find it hard to gauge the effectiveness of this cream. However, my skin does look less dull as I regularly apply it daily.

The Tanaka White Double Whitening Cream SPF20 (50g) is available at $29.80.

The Bio-essence Takana White products are available at Watsons, Guardian NTUC Fairprice, personal beauty stores, major super markets, and Sasa outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment