Sunday, 10 August 2014

Review: Curél Sebum Care range

"Do you know that excess sebum can aggravate skin sensitivity? 
A lot of people who have both conditions – skin sensitivity and oily skin tend to place more emphasis on choosing products that help with their skin sensitivity. This is not enough. 
Excess sebum generated will deteriorate as skin gets more alkaline, turning into irritants to cause flare-ups within the skin layers. Hence it is important to choose products that effectively control skin sensitivity while reducing sebum secretion from the source. 
Curél, Japan’s No. 1 brand for sensitive Asian skin, introduces a new skincare range specially formulated for sensitive and oily or combination skin types. The Curél Sebum Care range - comprising a Foaming Wash, Lotion and Moisture Gel - ofers the skincare essentials to properly manage both skin sensitivity and sebum secretion." (information extracted from samplestore.com)

I have an oily t-zone, relatively dry sides, and sometimes the area between my cheeks and nose can get really oily even when I am in an air-conditioned place. My skin, especially my cheeks, get red easily too. I will be reviewing the Curél Sebum Care range products to see if they are effective in controlling sebum secretion.

Curel Sebum Care Foaming Wash $19.80 (150ml)

Comfort & Protect:
This foaming wash controls excess sebum secretion while strengthening barrier function for a calmer and more comfortable skin condition throughout the day.

Even though this foaming wash is designed to control excess sebum secretion, I don't find my skin feeling dry after using it. This sebum does a decent job in the cleansing of impurities and excess sebum from pores. It also helps in regulating sebum secretion while protecting ceramide (essential for healthy functioning of the skin) from being washed off.

All it takes is 1-2 pumps for the entire face's coverage. The foam has a smooth and dense texture that feels gentle to the skin.


Because of how dense the texture is, it reduces the friction between my hands and my facial skin when I wash my face. The facial foam is also odorless, making it suitable for those who do not prefer to have any scent in their facial wash.


Curel Sebum Care Lotion $24.90 (150ml)

Control & Strengthen:
After using the Curel Sebum Care Foaming Wash, use the Sebum Care Lotion. It aids in the better absorption of moisturer that is to be used after the lotion.


The lotion has a light and non-sticky texture. It is odourless, colourless, and feels almost like water. Because of how light it is, it actually feels refreshing on the skin. It also has a hydrating effect and is gentle on the skin.

Curel Sebum Care Moisture Gel $34.90 (120ml)
The last step is to use the Curel Sebum Care Moisture Gel.

The gel has a watery-gel like texture. It is liquid-based and it spreads and absorbs easily into skin. After application, I find that my skin looks a little greasy. I'd prefer if it gives my skin a matte look instead. The gel, like the lotion and foam, is light and gentle on the skin.

Here's the Before and After pictures after 14 days of usage:


Personally, I feel that the change is not significant but there's a slight improvement in the condition of my skin. Although my skin is still oily, it doesn't feel as oily as before. If you've got sensitive skin as well as oily skin, try the Curél Sebum Care range out. 

Redeem sebum care samples at Curel SG Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment