Friday, 26 December 2014

The Lokal at Neil Road

Just realized it's been so long since I updated this blog. So I'm finally updating with a.. food post hehe!

Brunch last week was with CC at The Lokal (nearest MRT station: Outram park). When it first opened, me and my friends tried going there but were told that the waiting time was almost an hour so we gave that a miss. Recently, I saw the Lokal listed on The Entertainer app so we decided to give it a try. Surprisingly, there was no queue! Perhaps it was because we went there on a weekday. 

Cafe Latte, served with a sweet biscuit
Not sure why but their cafe latte was served in a piccolo latte sized glass. Check out that beautiful foamy surface and latte art! Taste wise, their cafe latte was slightly bland and too milky for my liking. I thought that since it was served in such a small cup, the coffee taste would be stronger but I was wrong. While I felt that the coffee was average, CC loved its acidity and didn't felt that the caffeine kick was weak.

Burger with turkey bacon and egg. I wouldn't pay full price for this as I didn't feel it was worth the money. Nothing impressive either. Egg yolk wasn't completely running but the bun was fluffy and ingredients were fresh.

Roast chicken ciabatta: Chicken was tender and moist but I would appreciate if portion of chicken was more (listed price was $18 I think). The avocado was slightly sweet, evenly mashed, and had a wonderfully refreshing taste. 



Friendly service, hippy ambience, nice deco. 
Their menu changes every day for dinner so if you love surprises, perhaps you can try out their dinner menu. 

The Lokal
136 Neil Road

***

Chanced upon a random alley (Singapore's alleys are the cleanest!) and went into a photoshoot mode with CC and his shoes (again lol). 

No comments:

Post a Comment