Sunday, 2 August 2015

London's Food Trip

I was back in London for a food hunt but it ended in disappointment. I had walked 2km to find 2 popular fish and chips eateries but they were closed because it was a bank holiday :( Nevertheless, I managed to strike off a couple of food places that I would love to try.

2nd breakfast was at The Breakfast Club because I already had my first breakfast in the hostel.

All-american breakfast
scrambled eggs were disappointing.

Salmon Eggs Benedict


The Shard - Europe's tallest building
This building is so fascinating!

 Ropewalk
This was reviewed by many as one of the best markets in London. I had walked about a kilometre to reach Ropewalk only to be greeted by an empty and closed market :(

Chanced upon English Martyrs Catholic Church while walking back to the station. Stupid me did not take the bus even though I had the transport card and I was carrying such a heavy backpack -_-



Next stop: Bank


empty streets in the Bank district

The Arcade

Lunch was at Patty & Bun, despite me feeling full.

Cheeseburger! So bloody good :)


Old Spitalfields Market


This market was really huge, and it reminded me of flea shopping markets back at home.

African performance at The African Market at Old Spitalsfield Market


Depresso: The feeling you get when you've run out of coffee. YES sometimes I get that.

 Christ Church



on my way to the next food stop..


Hummingbird Bakery
This red velvet cupcake was the best I had eaten! Soo good! I wouldn't pay SGD$6 for this though.

 Black Bottom - chocolate and cheese cupcake



30 St. Mary Axe
Interesting urban architecture

streets of London

Temple Church

 St. Pancras Church


intriguing window

street performers near the National Gallery



National Art Gallery

This was such an impressive world-class gallery. A pity I did not have enough time to admire its content.



Trafalgar Square - one of the nicest squares that I had been to.

me and my heavy burden that I had to shoulder throughout the entire day :/

British Museum - the venue where they filmed Night At The Museum 3! I also had limited time to explore the museum :(

Had Iced cafe latte nearby and to replenish my batteries

 Hyde Park


 Pretty blossoms


 Hyde Park has got to be one of the best parks I've been to and I don't even have time to look at the swans there ugh! I'll definitely go back if I have the opportunity again.

Harrods



I survived carrying my backpack around London solo!!! So proud of myself :')

Settled for Japanese food at the train station because I had tried their katsu curry before and it was pretty legit. I had set aside time to get some highly raved fish & chips for dinner but after walking for such long distances to find the 2 fish & chips places, they were closed although it wasn't stated online. So disappointing :'(

It was quite an eventful and foodful trip though. Till the next time, London.

No comments:

Post a Comment