Thursday, 3 September 2015

Salted Egg Yolk Eggs Benedict at Drury Lane

I was back at Drury Lane to try their updated menu after seeing so many photos of their salted egg yolk eggs benedict on Instagram. I love salted egg yolk dishes so I had to try this!

We were there on a Friday afternoon and waited for at least 20 minutes for our food to arrive. 


Salted egg yolk eggs benedict with grilled prawns $17
I had seen disappointing reviews of this dish online but I still wanted to try it. Expectedly, it was a let-down. The salted yolk taste was not strong enough and one of the poached egg was slightly overcooked. I do like the idea of the eggs benedict being served on soft and mildly sweet mantous though.

Chilli crab with kale pasta, with poached egg $16
My first thought when this dish was served to us was its seemingly small portion size (or maybe I was just too hungry..). There were bits of crab shell in it too, unfortunately. Aside from that, it was a pretty delicious fusion of our favourite local chilli crab dish and italian pasta. Poached egg had a perfectly runny yolk when poked with a fork. The overall taste and combination were memorably pleasant for me.

We also tried their filter coffee which I felt was just an average cup of black coffee. For the price of $5, it was not worth getting.


***

Address:
94 Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088515

No comments:

Post a Comment